Monday, January 18, 2010

哪吒

one of my best childhood memories, watched it countless times, you know when tapes are still being run and fast forward and reverse were an frequent options in the remote control.

Love this cartoon so much, remember watching it when i was 4 or 5 i guess, cant really recall. I knew i cant really understand the chinese spoken in the cartoon during that time (c'mon, i was only 5...). Though I've just discovered in youtube and found out that it was produced in 1979, the music arrangement and the animation (for that era) were really outstanding and amazing !!! Guess that was partly a reason why i like heavy oriental stuff. Feel it now, grateful to my parents. They did not actually directly putting this on me, it's like an influence, positive one i can say. I love cultural things.

Like this cartoon, though i'm young, i remember i've cried watching it, forgot which part was the sad part, then this cartoon made me got a lot of imagination like playing with the towels imagine it got some super power like what i saw in the cartoon, flinging it like i will be like ne zha~

hmm....realised that i've been very retro these days, keep looking for the things and movies and songs i've heard or seen during my good-old days, maybe it's part of the ageing process, getting retro. ha!!

to me, there were too many things we've tried to improvise and forgot that sometimes keeping the old is good.

0 says ....[...]: